Idefix has been sold
Idefix is Olson 30 Hull Number 39. She was launched in Santa Cruz, California, in January 1980. She lived in Victoria and Sidney, B.C. for a while, where she raced under the name M.O.F. I bought her in April 2009, and sold her in Australia in March 2013.
Dimensions and Construction
- Length over all: 30′ 0″
- Waterline length: 27′ 6″
- Beam: 9′ 3″ Draft: 5′ 1″
- Displacement: 3600 lbs (1630 kg)
- Fin Keel Lead Ballast: 1800 lbs (816 kg)
- Mainsail + 100% jib: 380 sq. ft.
- Spinnaker: 760 sq. ft.
Construction is fiberglass with balsa core, vacuum-bagged on a female mold. The boat is very light and stiff. She’ll surf easily and plane in flat water with a decent breeze.
- Forespar aluminum mast with single spreaders, carbon boom
- Navtec Rod shrouds
- dynex dux forestay, spectra backstay
- Lewmar 40ST self-tailing primary winches, Harken secondary winches
- New chainplates 2010.
- VHF radio
- Garmin GPS
- Raymarine X-5 autopilot
- ST60+ speed and wind instruments.
- 2×110 A.h AGM batteries, 130W primary solar panel, 60W secondary solar panel.
- LED and incandescent interior lights.
- LED running lights.
- EPIRB, MOB pole, 4-person liferaft.
- Ullman carbon #1 (good)
- UK tapedrive #3 (fair)
- North 3DL #3 (fair)
- Ullman dacron main (fair)
- Ullman 0.5 oz spinnaker (fair)
- Hyde 1.5 oz spinnaker (excellent)
- Hyde trysail (excellent)
- dacron #3, #4 and #5.
Accomodations: This is no cruising boat, but the interior is plenty roomy for an overnight trip. A v-berth forward, space for lines and a porta-potti just forward of the mast, nav station to starboard, two quarterberths, a large aft cockpit locker. Sitting headroom.
Engine: 2000 Yamaha 4hp outboard.
- 2011 Baltoplate bottom.
- All halyards and halyard sheaves done 2010.
- Quarterberth cloth replaced 2012.
- Topsides and deck redone 2008.